U12 Vols tournament V Taghmon

On Sunday the boys played in the Leinster Finals in the Vols tournament. The game was against Taghmon/Camross.

Right from the start the Shels put on the pressure with Adam O’Leary giving a good ball to Paul Hearne who put it just wide. Taghmon / Camross opened the scoring with a point but Shels soon responded when Dylan O’Neill put a good ball into Paul Hearne who put it over for a point. Shortly after this Mark Scallan put a great ball into Dylan O’Neill who scored a remarkable goal. This was followed by some great play and equally great scores for the Shels with Adam O’Leary giving a good ball to Ryan Kielty who scored a great goal. Dylan O’Neill got his next goal from a remarkable side-line hit by a fantastic playing Ben McAleese today’s captain. Paul Hearne gave great ball to Mark Scallan who finished it well to get his first goal today. Paul Hearne, Ryan Kielty and Dylan O’Neill each got a point to give the Shels a 5-4 to 1 point lead at half time. Second half Shels kept the pressure on with a lot of the play. That ever hard to beat back line of Aodhan Byrne and Conor Roche proved to be tough to get through. Eoin McCarthy had a great game in the half back line with Ben McAleese beside him. Corey Lawlor gave it everything today creating chances up front. Paul Hearne got 3 more points with Dylan O’Neill adding 2more points on for the Shels. Sean Og Flanagan made an excellent block breaking his hurl in the process not forgetting the fact that he cut 2 of his fingers in this clash also and still played on through the pain (good man Sean Og). Aaron Kinsella, Sean Cullen and Kyle O’Leary hassled the back line of Taghmon/ Camross constantly. A good ball in saw Ryan Kielty get a brilliant touch on the ball to put it past the keeper for his 2nd goal. Darren O’Leary slipped into the half back line today and played some great hurling here. Not forgetting David Doyle who stepped up to man the goal today, David made some outstanding saves today 2 or 3 of them just before the break to keep that important lead up. Joe Devereux was side lined today because of injury but still came with the squad to give his support to the team. Final score was 7-9 to 3-1. Well done to the TEAM today playing great hurling showing why they deserved the win and the cup. Thanks to all for the support today.